Sony vaio labtop

Closed
carramia Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday January 1, 2013 Status Member Last seen January 1, 2013 - Jan 1, 2013 at 09:59 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Jan 1, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Hello, Help, my labtop screen turns black on startup and shutsdown by itself.

3 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jan 1, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Hi carramia,

Please reply with a few more details so that I can try fixing the problem. I would like to know at what point the Laptop loses video. Is it at the initial startup or after booting to Windows? What is the Operating System (such as Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, etc.) in your computer? Also, include in your reply the Model Number of your Sony Vaio Laptop.

Please do write back to us.
carramia Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday January 1, 2013 Status Member Last seen January 1, 2013
Jan 1, 2013 at 10:36 PM
at the initial log on the screen is black and takes a while to start up then after it starts up within 3 seconds the screen goes blue and shuts down by itself. Have windows 7 and model number is PCG-61611L.

Thank you very much for your help.
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jan 1, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Hi carramia,

Please try running your computer in the Safe Mode and check if the problem happens. To start the computer in Safe Mode use the below mentioned steps:

1. Remove all CDs, and DVDs and also the USB devices and any other devices from your computer, and then restart your computer.
2. Press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you'll need to try again by waiting until the Windows logon prompt appears, and then shutting down and restarting your computer.
3. On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight the safe mode option, and then press Enter.
4. Log on to your computer with a user account that has administrator rights.
5. When your computer is in safe mode, you'll see the words Safe Mode in the corners of your screen.
6. Check if the computer still gives the Blue Screen or restarts.

Do reply with results.