My laptop will not turn on?

Closed
Shanitawit Posts 1 Registration date Monday January 14, 2013 Status Member Last seen January 14, 2013 - Jan 14, 2013 at 09:23 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Jan 15, 2013 at 02:07 AM
Hello,
I just got my laptop fixed yesterday and now it will not power on can someone please help me please?

Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jan 15, 2013 at 02:07 AM
Hi Shanitawit,

Please try the below mentioned generic steps and check if it helps:

1. Connect the AC adapter to a known good power outlet. Check Power LED indicator on AC Adaptor (without plugging into the Notebook).
2. If LED on the AC adapter is not lit (when unplugged from notebook), reseat brick and cable (if they are separate components). If still there is no light on AC Adapter, Replace AC Adapter & Power Cord only, else follow next step.
3. If LED on the AC Adapter goes off only after connecting to notebook, the problem might be with Motherboard or the AC Adapter jack (if any) inside your laptop.
4. If the AC Adapter LED is ON, then remove external peripherals, Battery and AC Adapter and drain Flea power by pressing and holding the power button for 10-15 seconds. If no change then check the power button of your laptop for any mechanical failure.
5. If power button is broken replace the power button only.

These are but a few generic troubleshooting steps for laptops not powering on at all. These steps may vary for different Laptop Models. If the problem is other than No Power to your laptop please add a detailed description of the problem in your reply. Further, it would be helpful if you could include the System Model Number of your laptop.

Do reply with results.