CPU turns on automatically

Closed
treetop123 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday January 23, 2013 Status Member Last seen January 23, 2013 - Jan 23, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Jan 24, 2013 at 02:20 AM
Hello,

Normally when I turn the mains power switch on, the monitor turns on (green) then it goes on standby (orange). The CPU remains off (as usual). Now, when I turn on the mains power switch, the CPU turns on automatically and I can hear the fan running but the monitor doesn't turn on (light remains orange). Even if it doesn't turn on automatically, when I do turn it on the monitor still won't turn on. After rebooting and switching the power off and on multiple times it eventually works, but what is wrong with the CPU? (I don't think it is the monitor's fault as it does work perfectly fine eventually).

Thanks

PS I'm not very confident in opening the CPU and handling the hardware inside.

Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jan 24, 2013 at 02:20 AM
Hi treetop123,

Please try the below mentioned simple steps and check if this fixes the problem.

1. Power off the computer.
2. Disconnect all power connections to the computer.
3. Remove all peripherals and external devices such as monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc.
4. Press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds and then release. This will release any Flea Power or Static Electricity stored in the computer.
5. Put the connections back and check if the issue still remains.

Do reply with results.