My laptop does not turn on.

Closed
redfield37 Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday February 6, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 9, 2013 - Feb 6, 2013 at 10:30 PM
redfield37 Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday February 6, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 9, 2013 - Jul 9, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Hello, here is what been happening with my laptop:

*turn it on
*make a very low clack sound
*turn itself off
*repeat the process over and over

this happen in a quick second aprx. I have to hold it down for a second to completely shut it off.
and the previous day was working perfectly. How can I fix this?

I higly doubt it pass the POST or the boot process, also, the screen does not even turn on.

That pretty much what hapoen. Thanks and sorry for my bad english ;)
Related:

5 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Feb 8, 2013 at 06:19 AM
Hi redfield37,

Please try these steps and check if the issue is fixed:

1. Remove AC Adapter and battery from the computer.
2. Remove any External peripherals from the machine.
3. Press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds.
4. Re-connect the AC Adapter only and try to power on the computer.
5. Check if any difference is observed.
6. If the problem repeats, remove the Customer Removable Units (CRUs) from the computer and then power on the computer and check.

Note: Customer Removable Units (or CRUs) are different for specific models of Laptops. CRUs may include battery, wireless cards, Hard Drive, Optical Drive, Memory, etc. For a detailed list of CRUs in your computer, please refer to the Service Manual of the Laptop. This may require you to reseat the components by removing the system cover/taking apart the chassis. Please perform these steps only if you are comfortable else seek a technician's help. Also, refer to the Service Manual for accurate steps and safety instructions.

Do reply with results.
redfield37 Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday February 6, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 9, 2013
Feb 9, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Thanks for replying my post to begin with.
But it doesn't work at all, I tried it before like 10 times and all that but same results.
I do think I have to take it to a technician help, because I lack of resources and time for the CRUs part, beside I still do not know so much about that stuff.

Thank you very much.
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Feb 11, 2013 at 05:53 AM
Hi redfield37,

As you are taking the computer to technician, if possible please post the results and the points of failure once the computer is repaired. This will help other users in the forum.

Please do write back to us.
redfield37 Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday February 6, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 9, 2013
Jul 9, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Actually, Yes, the technician never replaced the hard disk, for that was not the problem, it was the Microprocessor that was causing the problem. SO he replaced it and handed me the old damaged one, and the laptop was working perfectly.

Sorry for my super late reply everyone ;) and thank you for cooperation :)
Feb 11, 2013 at 09:09 AM
Hi, I rechecked my laptop before taking it to a technician as a last chance to discover the problem, and notice that the "clack!" sound was from the Hard disk. So I removed the hard disk, and turn the laptop on, and of course, It would't start up and the power bottom continue slowly "flashing", but there were no "Clack!" Sound as before, so I think the problem was my Hard disk. Unless there's another thing causing additional problem, but I'm pretty sure is the Hard Disk.

Thank you for your replies.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Feb 12, 2013 at 05:27 AM
Hi redfield37,

As the Hard Drives and Optical Drives have mechanical parts in them sometimes during the normal operation these drives tend to make some noise but not a clicking noise. Clicking noise at times indicates Hard Drive failure. To isolate whether the problem is with the Hard Drive or any other component, please try to connect this Hard Drive to another computer (a friend's laptop) and check if it operates normally.

Do reply with results.