Generate excel workbooks based on excel list

Solved/Closed
m_albges Posts 4 Registration date Thursday 21 February 2013 Status Member Last seen 9 May 2013 - 21 Feb 2013 à 07:03
 rivera - 16 Jan 2017 à 04:36
Hello,

I need to generate several hundred identical excel workbooks using a macro. I'd like to standardise the file names based on a list in Excel. So if column A says 'AC.334.997' and column B says 'Process improvement project', it would generate workbooks based on the template - in this case named 'AC.334.997_Process improvement project', and so on.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Matt.

6 responses

m_albges Posts 4 Registration date Thursday 21 February 2013 Status Member Last seen 9 May 2013 11
21 Feb 2013 à 11:55
Hi Trowa - great work!

This works well - the only issue is that each workbook it creates is a duplicate of the original list whereas what I need is for each workbook to be a given template... any idea how to do that?

Could I specify a template or a location of a file that it will then take as a sample and copy for each individual file that it creates?

Many Thanks!
Matt.