Create open a RAR file: Mac, Windows, mobile
For file compression, it will be necessary to use the RAR file format (.rar). RAR is an acronym for Roshal Archive, inspired by the name of its developer, Eugene Roshal, and it is used during data compression, error recovery, and file spanning. This tutorial will show you how to create and open a file of this type on Windows, Mac, or mobile devices.
How to create a RAR file on your Windows PC?
You must first download a data compression utility that supports RAR formats. The original version of WinRAR can both create compressed RAR files and extract them effectively.
- After installing the software on your computer system, select the folder that you want to compress and right-click it.
- Choose Add to archive from the list.
- The Archive Name and Parameters window will pop up.
- In the General section, enter a name for the compressed folder in the Archive Name field, and select where you want the compressed file to be saved.
- Ensure that the archive format is set to RAR and that the compression method is set to the speed that you want.
- Press OK to confirm the process.
- To create an RAR files directly from the WinRAR program, simply use the Add feature within the software.
How to open a RAR file on Windows?
- Open the archive by double-clicking its icon. When the WinRAR window pops up, select the folder that you want to extract and choose the Extract To icon from the menu bar.
- From the General section, select where you want the folder to be extracted to.
- You can also make changes to the Update Mode and Overwrite Mode sections, if you wish.
- Click Save Settings > OK.
How to create a RAR file on Mac?
You can create and open a RAR file on Mac using the WinRAR software specifically designed for Mac computers simply called RAR.
- In Terminal, type the "cd" command and navigate to the folder with the files you'd like to RAR. Drag and drop them into Terminal.
To create a RAR file, use the command "rar a [NAME OF RAR ARCHIVE]".
Press Enter and wait for a couple of minutes until your RAR is created.
How to open a RAR file on Mac?
Simply double click it and it will be unarchived with built in Archive Utility.
How to create and open RAR files on your mobile device?
To work with RAR files on your Android, you can use WinRAR for Android. For iPhone you can use iZip or UnZip apps.
- How to create rar file
- How to make a rar file
- Create rar file mac
- How to open .msi file > Guide
- Create skype account with gmail > Guide
- Create free yahoo email > Guide
- Create snapchat account > Guide
- Create instagram account on pc > Guide