Reformating the Computer from Sony

Closed
Lineonetech Posts 2 Registration date Saturday March 9, 2013 Status Member Last seen March 10, 2013 - Mar 9, 2013 at 04:21 PM
meathead21 Posts 9 Registration date Monday March 11, 2013 Status Member Last seen March 12, 2013 - Mar 11, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Hello, I have a Sony Vaio VGN-N320E That originally fell prey to Viruses. Since that time I have been trying to reformat it. The Startup partition within the drive apparently became corrupt as well. I ordered the disks and tried to use them to no avail after 4 attempts with and without the assistance of Vaio tech support it was decided that the disks that they had sent out were bad, so they sent me out another set. From there, things just went from bad to worse. When I tried the new disks the program itself determined that my drive was too small or did not exist. So, after talking to Sony again, and specifically being told that it did not matter what drive that I purchased other than it needed to be a SATA Drive, I purchased a 250 Gig Seagate Sata drive. Again I tried to install from the original disks and again the program told me that the drive was too small or did not exist. Because it was a brand new 250 Gig drive I was dumb struck. I tried repartitioning the drive to its original specifications and the same thing occurred, so back to Sony. Now I was asked if the drive was an advanced formatted drive, as it turns out of course it was. So with that I purchased another drive exactly identical to the original. Now again the same thing has happened. It says that the Drive is too small or nonexistent is the error. Does anyone know the answer to this one?

Related:

5 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Mar 9, 2013 at 10:38 PM
I would give up and pay a repair shop to install an OEM version of Windows 7. They should be able to use the Sony's COA serial number. You could either pay them to download any Sony drivers and software. But, it might be costly. So you could do them yourself.

Good Luck
Lineonetech Posts 2 Registration date Saturday March 9, 2013 Status Member Last seen March 10, 2013
Mar 10, 2013 at 04:47 AM
The Original Disk comes with other programs on it that cannot be installed without it. I am trying to make it original. I am hoping that someone truly has an answer but thank you for your suggestion. I appreciate the answer.
meathead21 Posts 9 Registration date Monday March 11, 2013 Status Member Last seen March 12, 2013
Mar 11, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Hello If you havent already try enableing your boot device via bios
meathead21 Posts 9 Registration date Monday March 11, 2013 Status Member Last seen March 12, 2013
Mar 11, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Hello i dont think i would pay for someone to install windows 7 when you can do it yourself. its really easy to do
If you have accsess to another computer search "windows iso download" theres a MY DIGITAL LIFE website that has all of them. Pick the right one and download it. Next download " windows download tool" have your windows iso file on screen
as well as the download tool ( it isnt very big ) select your iso file it will automatically drop it into the download tool then put in a dvd and burn your boot
disk. it will take about 10 minuets to burn. When you try and boot the disk in your
computer you need to have your boot device enabled. What i mean is when you first start your computer a screen should come up briefly saying "press (whatever)
key to change boot device. In my case its F12. If you can get into bios look for
example F12 BOOT MENU. enable it. Then hold down or tap it while powering up and a
screen will come up "ATAP I CDROM:HL-DT STDVDRAM GT32N" or something similar
select it hit enter (with your bootable disk installed ) and it will prompt you to press any key to proceed. Press a key and hold it. if your computer starts beeping
like mine does just play with the power button until it stops i have to keep tapping mine its very annoying but it should stop then it will begin loading files.
Also you might want to download a download manager for your ISO download
it is over 3gb. free download manager is a good one Good luck if you want to give it a try MEATHEAD

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Mar 11, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Hello MEATHEAD here again You will have to format your HDD or SSD before you
proceed with installation and you will also have to install ethernet as well as wireless drivers before you can connect to the internet. Niether of which are hard to do