Monitor won't turn on

Closed
saliakoutas Posts 1 Registration date Thursday April 4, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 4, 2013 - Apr 4, 2013 at 03:56 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Apr 5, 2013 at 01:16 AM
(1) monitor philips screen
(2) TV screen

Ok thats teh problem.I was running pc and i pressed Ctrl+alt+<-. The screen (1) was supposed to rotate but instead the monitor turn black and said "no video input".i tried to Ctrl+alt+up arrow some times but it didn't work. i changed my monitor (1) with my TV (2) and my pc opened up normally and the screen wasn't rotated at all.I Put my monitor (1) back and it still wouldn't open. I changed it's port to the on that dosen't go trough NVIDIA and it works properly but my graphics suck. I reconnected the screen (1) to my NVIDIA port and it worked normally again! but when i reset my pc it wont open.so each time i open my pc i gotta unplug the nvidia port connect the normal one and then go to the NVidia port again to open my monitor properly.so bassicaly it wont start on start up. HELP!
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Apr 5, 2013 at 01:16 AM
Hi saliakoutas,

As you mentioned you have an NVidia port on the system tower, apparently you have an NVidia Graphics card/chip in the machine. As the first step try to update the drivers for the NVidia Graphics card and check if this fixes the problem. If the issue is still not fixed please reply with the exact model number of the NVidia video card in your machine and the type of cables you are using to connect your Phillips monitor to the computer. If your computer has on-board NVidia graphics, I would like to know the motherboard model number.

Do reply with results.