Got a computer in another country

Closed
sophie - Apr 17, 2013 at 01:45 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Apr 17, 2013 at 02:08 AM
Hello,

So my aunt from mexico gave me her computer and since its from Mexico its all in Spanish. The operating system is windows 7 starter. My question is if I upgrade the operating system to one I bought in the US that all the settings will change to English or the I have to upgrade specifically to specific version to change the language?
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Apr 17, 2013 at 02:08 AM
Hi sophie,

You should upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate, it has Multilingual User Interface (Language Pack) support. You can install the English Language Pack from "Regional and Language settings" in "Control Panel" in Windows 7 Ultimate.

You can do an Anytime Upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate which will preserve your personal files and settings:

You can know more about "Anytime Upgrade" from here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows?ui=en-US&rs=en-001&ad=US

Please reply if you have any further queries.

Thanks & Regards
Zohaib R
#iworkfordell