Donkey Kong Country download in progress
You will be automatically redirected to the homepage in 30 seconds.
More than 25 years after its original release, Donkey Kong Country is still considered one of the best platformer games ever made. Your team consists of Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong. Together you are on a mission to recover the bananas stolen by King K. Rool. This may sound like a simple goal at first, but you will soon find out that this game is extremely hard to beat.
The whole banana reserve has been stolen by King K. Rool. Donkey Kong and his nephew Diddy Kong will have to fight hard to get the bananas back as they journey through the fascinating worlds of Donkey Kong Island.
- Animals to the rescue: You will find different friendly animals that are kind enough to help you advance through the game. Some of them are Rambi the rhino and Enguarde the swordfish.
- Skills: Both Donkey and Diddy are perfectly capable of fighting and defeating enemies that come across their path. Donkey's attacks cause great damage, but we must bear in mind that he is relatively slow due to his large size. Diddy on the other hand is much faster and agile, but his attacks are less likely to kill the enemy.
- Explore the map: You will travel through beautifully designed worlds, as you avoid obstacles and beat your opponents. There will be a powerful boss waiting for you at the end of each level. If Donkey and Diddy defeat him, they can move on to the next world. There are 7 levels in total.
- Collect objects: Don't forget to pick up the items and power ups that will appear on the screen. They can increase the possibility for you to reach the next stage.
- In addition: The Game Boy Color Edition also included several hilarious mini games. Among others, there is a dancing game with Candy and a fishing event hosted by Funky Kong.
Graphics and sound
Donkey Kong Country was the first game ever to use pre-rendered graphics, a technique that would later also be implemented by other sagas such as Resident Evil or Final Fantasy. The aesthetics are typical for a classic platformer and the animations were considered state of the art when the game first came out. With regards to audio, the music is played in a dynamical way, meaning that it adapts to each situation. The soundtrack of the was released on CD under the name DK Jamz.
In addition to the single-player campaign, Donkey Kong Country also features a two-person co-op mode. However, if this mode is available through the ROM file is subject to the options of the SNES emulator you choose to use.
Donkey Kong Country has been rated with the PEGI 7 label.
How to install and play Donkey Kong Country?
Once you have downloaded the ROM, all you need to start playing Donkey Kong Country is to load it into a SNES emulator application, such as SNESGT or SNES9X. For more information on emulating Super Nintendo games, check out this article. The Donkey Kong Country ROM is playable on virtually any operating system (Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, etc.) as long as you have a compatible emulator.