While pasting the Un protected Cells became Protected an locked

Closed
SALWA ATALLAH Posts 2 Registration date Friday January 11, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 20, 2013 - Apr 20, 2013 at 02:59 PM
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 - Apr 23, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Hello,

I made A excel work book called (Customer Daily balance) to be used by my Employees(users), this sheet is calculating the recent balance of each customer in $ By interring a specific data In A Proper Cells ( by pasting from another Excel Sheet which called the (source), and for your Info this (Source) is not protected/ locked at all

According to (Customer Daily balance) , I made those cells which the users Pasting the data in opened < unlocked/unhidden> ( unprotected)

And the columns which include the Formulas and the confidential equation are Protected and locked
Selcet Column> formate cells> protection> Locked, hidden
Protected sheet > allow the users to use all the option> mark all to insert row, delete row,formate cell,formate row ,,,,ETC)

the problem that the users encountered is while pasting the data into the cells, which are unprotected) ,the whole Column become protected and locked !!!!!! I don't know how and why
and they couldn't use the cells in the second row until I make the sheet unprotected and select the column >formate cells> unlocked>unhidden to be unprotected again to make sure that the column of interring data return Back to be unlocked and then I protect the sheet again

do you think they must use Paste special or There is something else wrong in my sheet
I will be very grateful,if you Provide me a solution for that problem

2 responses

sgmpatnaik Posts 52 Registration date Tuesday April 2, 2013 Status Member Last seen November 27, 2013 45
Apr 23, 2013 at 12:50 AM
@Salwa

Hi

as a blind shot when you protect the sheet did you give the Allow users to edit the range if it is not then it is not possible to paste the value in protected before Un Protect so please check

other wise please upload a sample file with your problem

Thanks

Patnaik
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
Apr 23, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Hi Salwa,

Another thing to consider is that the copied range is bigger then the unprotected range.

But again a sample file is desirable.
Use www.speedyshare.com for that.

Best regards,
Trowa