Xp pc not start

Closed
johnjoe Posts 2 Registration date Sunday June 2, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 3, 2013 - Jun 2, 2013 at 05:54 PM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Jun 4, 2013 at 10:09 AM
hi, my computer will not load windows up and I was wondering if you could help. I Get the message windows\system32\config\system. I have the XP cd and set the bios to boot from cd but this does not work and after prompted to press any key to boot from cd it goes back to the the message windows\system32\config\system.

So I opened the pc and disconnected the harddrive and on startup the pc recognised the cd and booted but then I got this message file ahcix86 sys caused an unexpected error 32768 press any key to continue and not matter what key I pressed nothing happened. So right now I have no idea what to do, I would greatly appreciate any ideas you had.

Thank you
Related:

3 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 3, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Hello,
Try this 1
Go to BIOS setup --> Change the SATA settings to IDE\Compatible Mode --> Save the settings and exit from it.
First let me know if you are able to get into the next screen so that I can give you further instructions regarding fixing the windows\system32\config\system issue.
Are you using a laptop ? Let me know the brand name and it complete model number.
Good Luck
johnjoe Posts 2 Registration date Sunday June 2, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 3, 2013
Jun 3, 2013 at 06:29 PM
Hi jack thanks for the reply, I have tried to follow your instruction as well as I could, in the bios I was presented with disabling/enabling or setting to auto both IDE and SATA. I disabled the SATA and enabled the IDE but that did not work. I got a message along the lines of no boot drive detected.

in regards to the pc make it was put together with various parts,

Mother Board G31M-ES2L
Geil 4GB 2X2GB
Q8300
Coolermaster 500w
500gb Hard drive

Also I tried using F8 as someone said it would boot in safe mode but it did nothing. Just no the pc will not even boot using the xp cd. very confused right now!

Any more ideas?

Thank you

John
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 4, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Hello,
Try this 1
1) Some SATA hard drive will be having a jumper to limit the speed. Remove that jumper from it.
Also go to BIOS and let us know if its getting detected or not. What happens when you press any key when the prompt appears saying "Press any key to boot from the CD....". Make sure that the L-Shaped end of the SATA cable to your hard drive. Try connecting with different available SATA ports to make sure that your hard drive is detected in BIOS.
2) Go to BIOS --> First load the default settings to undo your previous changes --> Go to "Integrated Peripherals" --> Look for the option "On-Chip SATA Mode" and set it to "Combined".
Save the settings and exit from it. Now check if you are able to get the next screen after the "Press any key to boot from CD..." prompt and let us know about it.
Good Luck.
Blocked Profile
Jun 3, 2013 at 06:49 PM
check jumpers was this a desktop? if your to boot, then needs hardware for primary, right?