My Dell laptop is not powering on

Closed
sput Posts 1 Registration date Saturday July 13, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 13, 2013 - Jul 13, 2013 at 02:49 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Jul 14, 2013 at 08:11 AM
I was working on my dell laptop n5040 and it just went off before my very eyes as if the battery was out but that was not the case as it was connected to electric power and fully charged. since then it has refuse to power on though the led indicator on the adaptor shows but that on the laptop doesnt. i have tried everything and still nothing works.
Please what else can i do?
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jul 14, 2013 at 08:11 AM
Hi sput,

If you have not tried draining Flea Power from the computer please try doing it and check. To drain Flea Power remove battery and AC Adapter from the computer and press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds and then release, re-connect the battery and AC Adapter and try to power on the computer. If this doesn't fix the problem, check the diagnostics indicators in the machine. Check 4 LEDs in front of the system, what are their states such as off, solid white, blinking, etc.? Also check if there are any beep codes during startup.

Do reply with results.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6