[Closed]
Registration date
Wednesday July 17, 2013
Status
Last seen
July 17, 2013
-
 preacherman -
Dell laptop-wont power up. When I plug it in or use battery power the caps lock lights up& stays lit & the power button lights up. I've tried control alt delete, unplugging it all &removing battery etc as well as F8. No noise just black screen. Any hope? Tx.
Related:

3 replies

Registration date
Sunday June 6, 2010
Status
Last seen
July 16, 2020

Hello,

Try this 1

1) Unplug the power cord --> Remove the battery --> Hold the power button for

60 seconds --> Connect the power supply then try to switch ON the laptop and

later put the battery back into the laptop.

2) If the problem still exists then click on the below link and follow the instructions

https://ccm.net/faq/9066-laptop-screen-won-t-turn-on

Good Luck
Registration date
Sunday September 23, 2012
Status
Last seen
December 13, 2018
Hi iluvs2fish,

With permission I would like to add a few points here. Most of the latitude notebooks have diagnostics indicators such as `Lock LEDs' (caps, num, scroll lock) and beep codes. These indicators help us determine some of the common failures in the notebook. You have mentioned the caps lock is always on. For most of the Laptop Models Caps Lock light constantly ON indicates `Storage device error'. This might be different for different Laptop Models. Before suggesting the troubleshooting steps, I would like to know what is the exact System Model Number of your Latitude Notebook.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6
I am having the same problem with my Dell Latitude D620. Ithas windows xp pro on it. I have tried all of the steps listed as well as follow the link with no success. occasionally it'll start open work fine for about 30 seconds sometimes 3 minutes sometimes for hours but most of the time it will not power on and stay on every time. the caps lock light stays on as well as the power light and the fan comes on as well. sometimes just the power light stays on and sometimes all the lights go off.
any help at all would be greatly appreciated as we run a ministry and this is the busiest time of the year.