Copied a shortcut onto a external hard drive!!

Closed
Trevorr Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday August 14, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 14, 2013 - Aug 14, 2013 at 08:06 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Aug 22, 2013 at 08:09 AM
Hi,

So i copied a shortcut of the most important pictures by accident on to an external hard drive of mine and then i was told by asus to reset my computer to factory settings deleting all of my pictures that weren't on the external hard drive. So i cant go back to my computer now. My question is can i change the shortcut back to an actual folder so i can get those pictures off of it? Because at the moment i cannot even access the pictures and i am pretty scared.

Some good news would be great,

thanks
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Aug 22, 2013 at 08:09 AM
Hi Trevorr,

As the original location of the folder has been deleted during Factory Restore the shortcut cannot be used to recover the folder. However, you can to approach some Data Recovery company and they can try to retrieve the lost data. They might charge you for the service.

Also you can try using the steps provided in the below mentioned article:

How to recover data from formatted hard drive?

Thanks & Regards
Zohaib R
#iworkfordell