Recovery vista on a dell inspiron 9400

Solved/Closed
cijame Posts 3 Registration date Thursday August 15, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 19, 2013 - Aug 15, 2013 at 03:22 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Aug 20, 2013 at 08:43 AM
Hi,

After factory recovery,I have to give a username,password and an image?I did but my laptop doesn't coninue after doing this.What can I do?

thanks
Related:

6 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Aug 18, 2013 at 09:50 AM
Hi cijame,

The Inspiron 9400/E1705 system was offered with the Windows XP Home and Professional Service Pack 2 operating systems. Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 was also an available option. When the Windows Vista OS was released, it was also expected to be an option. Please reply with the version of the Operating System that was present in your machine when it was brand new. Did you upgraded to Windows Vista later?

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6
Thanks & Regards
Zohaib R
#iworkfordell
cijame Posts 3 Registration date Thursday August 15, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 19, 2013
Aug 19, 2013 at 03:44 AM
As far as I know the laptop was delivered with vista.I have all the cd software
for this laptop which include the vista cd.
But I must say,I am not happy with vista,I rather use XP.

Thank you for your intrest.
Hi Zohaib

I managed to start recovery by hitting F8 starting up,then fix pc.
It all works well now,only my internet is very slow.When I start in save mode,
it works very well,when I start normal,it is very slow.

maby you know why this is happening?

Greetings cijame
cijame Posts 3 Registration date Thursday August 15, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 19, 2013
Aug 16, 2013 at 02:27 AM
I had too much spam and cookies on my laptop.
But it works now after doing it several times again.
Thank you for your reply.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Aug 20, 2013 at 05:07 AM
Hi cijame,

Have you tried to install the Operating System using the discs? From your post I understand that you wish to remove everything from the computer as your computer is infected with spam and cookies. So, please use the disc for the Operating System and see if you are able to install the Operating System successfully.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6
Aug 20, 2013 at 08:43 AM
Hi cijame,

I am glad to know the computer is again booting to Windows.

Internet connection could be slow because of Virus, Spyware or Malware in your computer. Please ensure your computer has good anti-virus software and anti-spyware program such as Malware Bytes or SuperAntiSpyware.

Another recommended fix for the problem is to update the drivers for the network adapters (both Ethernet and wireless). Safe Mode uses Fail-safe drivers that are guaranteed to work properly.

Try the above mentioned two fixes and do reply with results.

Thanks & Regards
Zohaib R
#iworkfordell