Registration date
Sunday August 25, 2013
Status
Last seen
August 26, 2013
-
 logan -
Hello all,

I accidentally tapped my laptop's screen with my palm today. The force of the swing made the screen wobbled and immediately some blacks turned bright green and white surfaces here and there turned pink. What's more, now a blank page of Microsoft Office looks like mess of static and ever-changing waves, only in pink and so much finer.

It's interesting to note that only certain visual elements are affected, blocks of greys or blacks on websites are consistent for example. Finally, the desktop wallpaper is sprinkled with green pixels where it's dark and pink pixels where it's white, while some flicker on and off in that mist.

Please help me turn this situation around. Thank you in advance!

+ What I have: Lenovo X220T i7 with Intel HD 3000 and Windows 7 Professional.
+ What I did: Restart the computer, re-install the driver, re-instate a previous restore point.

2 replies

Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
June 23, 2020
Hello,

I am afraid that you have busted your screen, either the backlights or inverter. Only a hands-on qualified technician can help you.

Good luck
Thank you

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 3483 users have said thank you to us this month

Registration date
Sunday August 25, 2013
Status
Last seen
August 26, 2013

Hello Ambucias,

Thank you for your speedy response!

While the problem persists, it is somewhat changeable.

2 things I have noticed:

- Usually when I twist my screen (say, to set it into the tablet position), mid way through the movement the screen would revert back for a few seconds or so. If I keep on doing this, I usually get 10-20 secs of a smear-free display.

- When I un-dock the system, I don't seem to get this problem. Actually, now the screen is doing fine, docked or not, for an extended amount of time. I will continue to watch it for now.

So I concluded that perhaps something is loose inside the display.
Hello Friends, I have also exactly the same problem, it occur to my laptop 3 times and
I noticed that it occur only when I was playing a high graphics games like for the third
time it was GTA V and it got fixed by itself whithout doing anything in few hours or few days.
I took it to (hp) service center when the first time it occured (but the problem is not there as
I said it get corrected by itself) they told me there is no issue, actually they were unable
to detect the problem.
Actually, it occur because the pink colour band and its complementary colour the
green colour band doesn't overlap for formation of white screne. Its is not a big problem its just
a small display defect but if you can fix it permanently then replace your laptop display costing 7K to 10k.
You know actually I hit my laptop screne 2 to 3 times roughly it get corrected.