Laptop screen is green & pink!

Closed
Surefire Posts 2 Registration date Sunday August 25, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 26, 2013 - Aug 25, 2013 at 11:50 AM
 logan - Dec 27, 2015 at 01:43 AM
Hello all,

I accidentally tapped my laptop's screen with my palm today. The force of the swing made the screen wobbled and immediately some blacks turned bright green and white surfaces here and there turned pink. What's more, now a blank page of Microsoft Office looks like mess of static and ever-changing waves, only in pink and so much finer.

It's interesting to note that only certain visual elements are affected, blocks of greys or blacks on websites are consistent for example. Finally, the desktop wallpaper is sprinkled with green pixels where it's dark and pink pixels where it's white, while some flicker on and off in that mist.

Please help me turn this situation around. Thank you in advance!

+ What I have: Lenovo X220T i7 with Intel HD 3000 and Windows 7 Professional.
+ What I did: Restart the computer, re-install the driver, re-instate a previous restore point.
Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Aug 25, 2013 at 04:23 PM
Hello,

I am afraid that you have busted your screen, either the backlights or inverter. Only a hands-on qualified technician can help you.

Good luck