Pendrive not working properly

Closed
nithidev Posts 1 Registration date Monday August 26, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 26, 2013 - Aug 26, 2013 at 03:08 AM
 santu - Apr 20, 2015 at 03:13 AM
Hello,

iam using kingston 8gb pendrive ,but now it not properly. while opening ,i received a msg format the disk. the disk is not formatting.
used space: 0 bytes
free space : 0 bytes.
after the usage of HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool - v2.1.8 ,the pendrive not formatting.
pls help me to find the solution.

3 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Aug 27, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Hi nithidev,

Try the below mentioned steps and check if you are able to format the pen drive:

1. Shutdown your computer.
2. Insert USB Memory Stick into your computer.
3. Power on the computer and then immediately start tapping (F8) key then "Advanced Boot Options" screen will come up.
4. Select "Safe Mode with Command Prompt".
5. After booting to Safe Mode with Command Prompt, if your USB Memory Stick drive letter is (G) for example, then type:
G: and press enter
6. Then type:
format G: and press enter
7. If it asks you (Y/N) then press (Y) and press enter.
8. This will do a full format of the Pen Drive.

Note: All the files in the Pen Drive will be removed after Format, so please backup all the data in the Pen Drive before formatting.

Do reply with results.
carminabigue Posts 620 Registration date Tuesday March 19, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 10, 2015 125
Aug 27, 2013 at 09:58 PM
1.Link it to your pc, right-click on your usb drive letter in "my computer"
2.Select "property", find "hard drive" and select your usb drive in"name", hit "property"
3.Select "strategy" and then "optimization" in the property dialog.
4.Wait till the optimization is finished. Hit "Confirm" and reboot your pc.
5. Format your usb drive.
If solution three dose not work, perhaps your usb chip is damaged, buy a new one.
1st you connect pendrive go to device maneger and go to universal serial bus control and then go to usb mass storge device right click and uninstall it and remove the pendrive and then restart the computer and fix the pendrive solved.
I hve the same issue but need the data in that pendrive