Toshiba laptop black screen

Closed
Gj4me Posts 1 Registration date Friday September 6, 2013 Status Member Last seen September 6, 2013 - Sep 6, 2013 at 08:35 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Sep 6, 2013 at 05:57 PM
Hello,
I was working in my laptop suddenly it got stuck so I removed its battery! And replaced it after few minutes
After that I pressed the power button it was not working only the blank screen
And then caps lock button and num lock button were green and working even the green plug in button
Please help me friends!!
I had faced the same situation 2 months before and it got automaticaly solved,
after 1 month when I pressed the power button I got the screen with safe mode !
Please guys help me its very urgent!
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Sep 6, 2013 at 05:57 PM
Hi Gj4me,

Please check the Service/User's Manual of the Laptop and see if the caps lock and num lock lights indicate any failure. If so, please perform the troubleshooting provided in the manual.

If you do not find any indication to this problem in the Manuals you can try some basic troubleshooting steps that I suggest. The most common problem that can lead to a situation like you are facing is No POST (Power On Self Test). Many times the No POST problems are related to Memory Modules (RAM). Take a technician's help or by referring to the Manual try to re-seat the memory modules. If the problem still persists try using one memory module at a time in each slot (if your laptop has more than one memory modules/slot).

Do reply with results.