September 12, 2013
-
Registration date
Saturday September 7, 2013
Status
Last seen
September 12, 2013
-
Since few days there is problem in the boot, system restarts itself again, sometimes it shows system repair it attempts but does not find solution then a silver screen appears. Then it does nothing, i have to forcefully shutown using power button. Recently after chosing normal startup while booting without opting repair a red screen appeared. After that again i pressed power buttonn restarted the system then a blue screen appeared. my battery is not functioning prperly it gets drained and doesnt charge. I havnt switched on after that, what should i do, will there be a data loss. please help.

My laptop is toshiba L300 and im using windows 7.

2 replies

Registration date
Thursday February 4, 2010
Status
Last seen
September 11, 2013
sounds like the hard drive is dying, it may be possible to recover the data using another computer and a caddy, or a drive copier, good luck.
Registration date
Saturday September 7, 2013
Status
Last seen
September 12, 2013

Thanks Rickster. Now i started in safe mode and its working. Then i changed the power option from balanced to High performance. there is no problem when i start in safe mode. Is this a software related issue or hardware. what will be the cost if i want to replace my battery and hard drive.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!