Well, we have had a lot of problems with our laptop. The battery was totally dead or so it seemed so we bought a new battery. It charged a little bit and now it will NOT CHARGE A'TALL! The computer only works if it is plugged in with the AC adapter. Can someone tell us what to do?? And if the battery is charging, is there a light somewhere that should be on? Thank you
Dell ac adapter unknown
Ac adapter unknown - Best answers
Inspiron 1525 battery not charging fix - Best answers
There is a battery charge indicator in the front of the laptop. Check page number 12 of the User's Manual to locate this LED.
If the computer is connected to an electrical outlet, the battery led operates as follows:
Solid blue -- the battery is charging.
Flashing blue -- the battery is almost fully charged.
Off -- the battery is adequately charged or external power is not available to charge the battery.
If the computer is running on a battery, the battery led operates as follows:
Off -- the battery is adequately charged, or the computer is turned off.
Flashing orange -- the battery charge is low.
Solid orange -- the battery charge is critically low.
You can try the below mentioned troubleshooting steps to verify the battery's health:
1. Disconnect all peripherals and confirm if system is working fine with the AC Adapter only.
2. Remove AC adapter and Battery and then press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds to release any flea power in the laptop. Reconnect your AC Adapter and battery and check if the battery is charging now.
3. Check the AC Adapter status in the BIOS. To enter BIOS press F2 when Dell Logo appears on startup. Check if the AC Adapter status is Unknown/Not Detected.
4. If the AC Adapter status is Unknown/Not Detected, flash the BIOS. You can download the updated BIOS from here and you can find steps on how to flash the BIOS from this link.
Note: Plug your computer to a good, working UPS before you update the BIOS. If you experience a loss of AC power or a significant voltage sag/spike during the BIOS flash, you will either have to buy a new BIOS chip or buy a new motherboard.
5. Try swapping with a known good battery (If available). If known good battery works, Replace faulty battery. Else, follow next steps.
6. Please run the Custom scan on Battery in PC Checkup. PC Checkup is part of the Dell Support Center Application. To run PC Checkup you must install Dell Support Center application. Click here to download and install Dell Support Center application.
7. If any of these tests fail, replace the battery. Else, follow next step.
8. Run the below mentioned MS Fix - It.
Fix power consumption problems and extend the laptop battery life