Linksys router help

Closed
bluestinger590 - Feb 25, 2009 at 02:31 AM
brakers Posts 117 Registration date Sunday August 17, 2008 Status Member Last seen November 29, 2009 - Feb 25, 2009 at 03:03 AM
Hello, im having problems with my linksys router,i have two desktop pc i want to get hooked up to the router so both desktop pc can access the internet. i don't want to make it wireless because i have both desktop pc beside each other, i have 3 blue Ethernet cords the working desktop im on now is connected to back of my pc to port 1,other cord hooked up back of the cable modem box to internet port back of router and the last cord hooked up through back of the other desktop pc the one that can't connected into port 2. only problem is the one that has no internet saids im connected and i click on the internet said address not found,i saw the status of the conenction its receiving and sending it shows it.,i even tried to go to the router screen to see what im doing wrong but im not sure what to do.I've been trying to do this for 3 days,i even talked to the tech support online and i told them i dont want to make it wireless but i really need the help right now on how to make both desktop pc run off the same router im not sure what settings and config to adjust it to on the router screen when i enter the router password admin can someone please help!!

1 response

brakers Posts 117 Registration date Sunday August 17, 2008 Status Member Last seen November 29, 2009 40
Feb 25, 2009 at 03:03 AM
Hi There
If you have talked to tech support they would of gone over all eventualities that are most common if software setup etc. and if they could not sort it out for you I'm not sure anybody on this forum will be able to help you.

To help us decide if we can help you please list the steps that tech support took you through so we are not going over old ground and typing for the sake of it.

Let us know the model of the router.

Kindest Regards Tony B.