Linksys wrt54g Problem

Closed
AnataSeito Posts 1 Registration date Friday August 1, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 16, 2009 - Feb 16, 2009 at 06:57 PM
sevenboyz Posts 6 Registration date Wednesday December 17, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 8, 2009 - Feb 17, 2009 at 06:32 AM
Hello,
I think the problem is with my Linksys router. But my problem is that when I'm playing a game online, sometimes I will get disconnected in the middle of the game. I'm running Windows XP on both my computers, and the game I noticed this on is Warcarft 3. I first noticed it happening at a cousins house I was visiting. I was connected wirelessly to a wrt54g router, and I would get disconnected from Battle.net, but my internet would be fine. Sometimes I could be on for a few hours with seemingly no problem, sometimes it would happen within half an hour. Then when I got back to where I live, even my desktop which is plugged into a Linksys wrt54g router would disconnect while playing. This would happen even when I was the only one connected to the router, at any times during the day. Both times I think that the router was using version 1.0 firmware. Any help regarding this would be nice, it's rather annoying to be getting disconnected often like this.

1 response

sevenboyz Posts 6 Registration date Wednesday December 17, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 8, 2009 9
Feb 17, 2009 at 06:32 AM
hi,
All you have to do is uncheck "Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication for this network".
You have to click on your network then click on authentication in the tabs and it will be there, just uncheck it.
this should solve your problem.