Failure to boot

Closed
jp351 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday November 5, 2013 Status Member Last seen November 6, 2013 - Nov 5, 2013 at 05:36 PM
jp351 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday November 5, 2013 Status Member Last seen November 6, 2013 - Nov 6, 2013 at 01:39 PM
I read through some similar issues but havent found an answer to my specific problem..
I usually leave my desktop on all the time.. came in today to get on and get no responce from my pc. Laser mouse has no light, num lock key on my keyboard is off, monitors are black..
Unhooked all USB's, pulled out the graphics card, pulled out the ram.. pc starts, cpu and case fans run, but the "ram ok" light does not come on like normal, pressing the power button on the case turns on the system, but holding it does not power off the system. Dvd drive and hdd's power on. The system does not beep when it starts. I have an asus m5a97 motherboard with amd 960t 4 core cpu.
sorry for typos im on my android. I need a fix soon.. i take online classes at devry and missing discussions and homework for a whole week will get me kicked out lol.
Thanks in advance.
Related:

2 responses

carminabigue Posts 620 Registration date Tuesday March 19, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 10, 2015 125
Nov 6, 2013 at 05:44 AM
Try to clean your RAM. and restart it again..
jp351 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday November 5, 2013 Status Member Last seen November 6, 2013
Nov 6, 2013 at 01:39 PM
This mobo has a built in ram test. Light comes on and flashes if ram is ok. Light will stay on if dam is bad. As i mentioned, the system diesnt even beep on startup. If i entirely take out the ram and start it, i should get a series of system beeps. I get nothing.

I called asus tech support and told them all the details, they said theyll repair it. I juat have to ship it out. Should take 10-14 days. Guy said what i thought, and didnt want to hear.. mobo died
-.- lol.

Thanks anyway guys. I suppose a mod can close this.
Fyi, if anyone else encounters the same problem... call the manufacturer imediately. If they cant or wont do anything, get a new mobo.