Gfxui (intel graphics) stopped working

Closed
dracarys Posts 2 Registration date Thursday September 26, 2013 Status Member Last seen November 8, 2013 - Nov 8, 2013 at 09:01 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Nov 8, 2013 at 12:19 PM
Hi,

Yes I know this has been asked before. I tried the suggestions but nothing worked.

I know though that this has something to do with .net framework because here's what happened. I was trying to install the latest version of .net framework so I could use TunnelBear . But it was taking so long so I just cancelled it. After that, I've had problems when booting my laptop. Something about not being able to boot properly.

I removed the .net framework on the registry (an ignorant mistake. I didn't know it was important). Then the "gfxui has stopped working" started appearing.

So I downloaded the V4.0 of .net framework and successfully installed it and turned on the .net framework feature on windows feature on control panel. But I still get the error.

Any ideas?

Thanks

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 8, 2013 at 12:19 PM
why don't you try:

start -> run -> msconfig

start up items -- find gfxui.exe - disable

Good Luck