No Sound on ie only

Closed
Jessarhan Posts 2 Registration date Sunday November 17, 2013 Status Member Last seen November 18, 2013 - Nov 17, 2013 at 02:27 PM
Jessarhan Posts 2 Registration date Sunday November 17, 2013 Status Member Last seen November 18, 2013 - Nov 18, 2013 at 06:58 PM
I have been researching and trying numerous fixes for this and nothing has worked. I don't have any sound on Internet Explorer but I do have sound on Firefox and other browsers. I have already tried the missing.reg you suggested, that did not work. Flash is enabled, I have confirmed all the sound options in Advanced Tools, among other fixes I can't even recall at this point, nothing has worked, please help!!! FYI-I have a Toshiba Satellite Lap Top Windows 7
Related:

2 responses

MrIstar Posts 279 Registration date Wednesday June 19, 2013 Status Contributor Last seen April 28, 2016
Nov 18, 2013 at 05:36 PM
Hey,

It is possible that Internet Explorer has been selectively muted in the Volume Mixer.

To check this:

Open Internet Explorer, preferably to a page that should be playing some sound.

Click on the volume icon in the windows system tray (in the right-hand lower corner of the taskbar), and then click on the link labeled "Mixer".

A panel will open showing the individual volume levels of all running apps that play sounds (you may need to scroll to the right to see all of them).

Make sure that the volume level belonging to Internet Explorer is not set to mute.

If NOT

try this

1.Open Control Panel.
2.Double Click to open Sounds and Audio Devices.
3.Click Sounds tab.
4.Scroll down to Windows Explorer, which is present under the Programs events.
5.Select Complete Navigation and Start Navigation.
Click OK/Apply and restart your computer.

Please let us know if this solves the problem.

Best regards

Jessarhan Posts 2 Registration date Sunday November 17, 2013 Status Member Last seen November 18, 2013
Nov 18, 2013 at 06:58 PM
Thank you, I appreciate your help, however, your first suggestion I had already done first thing, and the second one did not help. I have also just updated Flash again and still no sound on Internet Exployer. As I said before, I have sound on my computer for everything else and other browsers, the problem is only with ie.

Someone please help!