Unhiding problem from diskpart

Closed
sunjid Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday January 29, 2014 Status Member Last seen January 29, 2014 - Jan 29, 2014 at 12:54 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jan 29, 2014 at 04:56 PM
I have a 2T USB drive of TOSHIBA brand. I hide it using diskpart from my office PC. But now I can't unhide it from my home PC. After opening diskpart when I go to list volume, It doesn't show the USB drive in that list. But I think the USB drive is okay because its light turn on when I attached it with my PC and PC gives the sound of attaching drive. Please help.

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jan 29, 2014 at 12:58 PM
OK, well, the "account" at your work, IS NOT the same as the "account" at your home, so for security reasons, it won't let gain access.

Not certain how change that, as that is normal operation.

Maybe set up shares, with permissions like:
/desktop1/user1 = full access
/workdesktop/user10 = full access

I am just hacking at this point.

//ark
-Moderator/Contributor
sunjid Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday January 29, 2014 Status Member Last seen January 29, 2014
Jan 29, 2014 at 01:16 PM
Okay I get the first part , but I don't understand

this part

Maybe set up shares, with permissions like:
/desktop1/user1 = full access
/workdesktop/user10 = full access
Blocked Profile
Jan 29, 2014 at 04:28 PM
So, does your diskpart allow for permissions for access? Why not try to give the access permissions based on the machine that you are connecting to. Like I said, this is theory and not practice, so I have no instructions for you. So, to expand on the permissions in case you are not familiar, in a typical environement, you can set permissions based on what machine, what user. So you could in theory put permission on the drive that says //hostmachinename/username. Just make a relatvie path. Try it have a go,Have FUN!
Blocked Profile
Jan 29, 2014 at 04:56 PM
This is the XP version:

But, unless your second machine is trusted, I am not certain that you can even have it listed as a valid location. theory!

//ark

-Moderator/Contributor