Sony vaio laptop problems

Closed
Karma_K Posts 7 Registration date Wednesday January 29, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 15, 2014 - Jan 29, 2014 at 03:35 PM
Karma_K Posts 7 Registration date Wednesday January 29, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 15, 2014 - Feb 15, 2014 at 12:24 PM
Hello,

Okay, I bought killing floor an fps on steam about 3 weeks ago and was able to play it just fine, until it randomly crashes my computer. Im not sure what kind of crash, but all it does is turns my whole screen black and most of my hardware stop running as I notice my laptop fan or something spinning a little less or stops spinning. I googled it a bit and believed it was my video drives/card crashing while playing the game. I kept on playing even though it kept crashing, but I eventually grew annoyed and wanted to fix it. Googled a way to fix it and one option was to update my video drives, I went on my cs 1.6 gaming community and asked where I could get free updates and such. One friend asked my operatin system and computer specs and sent me to a download. I downloaded it, asked me this and that. It was done loading, friend said it was suppose to ask for a restart, but never asked me so I was just like eh, I'll do it later. Went back into playing killing floor and the game crashes. I manually power it off like I always have to when it crashes and try turning it back on, it turns on, but my monitor doesn't turn on and I don't hear the noises I usually hear from my computer during a start up, just really quiet, but if I were to put the computer on my ears, I'd hear things being ran softly, but it just sits like that forever. Did some googling about that and came upon a website that said maybe the update wasn't compatible with my computer, but who knows..*

I'm here wondering if anyone can offer me help on fixing the issue. I've tried turning it on and just f8ing hoping to get the monitor on and open up the screen showing safe mode and such, but no luck doing that. I read about having to open up my laptop and do things, but not sure if I wanna take that approach. But I might attempt if someone's able to give me a more understandable and thorough guide of what needs to be done or what I can do since I can't do anything if my computer won't start up properly.

This was the update I downloaded, the hydravision package

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy2&os=Windows%207%20-%2064

I've also tried plugging another monitor in, that monitor doesn't turn on, but if you unplug it, it'll notice it's been unplugged. I've also tried that thing where you unplug all power supplies and hold the power button for 30 seconds, no luck. This issue either deals with the update I downloaded or the crash that kept happening while I played the game.

When you start up a normal computer, you'd always hear a loud noise at the beginning sounding like the fan spinning or something, my laptop use to do that, but how it doesn't so I assume some things aren't working like they should, if I click on the caps lock, num lock buttons they don't light up like the should etc, so I assume the laptop doesn't actually start up

Related:

6 responses

Perry Tanko Posts 14 Registration date Sunday September 8, 2013 Status Member Last seen February 9, 2014
Jan 29, 2014 at 07:17 PM
I will help (and so can others) but some helpful information is needed.
Exact model # of your laptop
operating system, and service packs(?)
approx how old it is.
How much free HDD space before installing Killing Floor, and free space right after installing.

That is a good start.
Karma_K Posts 7 Registration date Wednesday January 29, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 15, 2014
Jan 29, 2014 at 10:48 PM
Uh, is there a way to obtain the model # without the manufacturers box? It used win7 x64 I believe, not 100% sure whether it was x32 or x64 if it matters. Not sure what you mean when your asking for what kind of service packs. I bought the laptop around the end of December 2011. I believe I had at least or around 200gbs free space when I was downloading it and it was only about 800mbs, not too sure about this though as I dont look at my hdd space regularly.
Karma_K Posts 7 Registration date Wednesday January 29, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 15, 2014
Jan 31, 2014 at 03:13 PM
Anyone?
Feb 2, 2014 at 02:00 PM
No one?
Feb 4, 2014 at 02:05 PM
Helloooo

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Feb 5, 2014 at 11:05 PM
Bump....
Feb 15, 2014 at 12:24 PM
Bump....