-
Registration date
Wednesday October 8, 2008
Status
Contributor
Last seen
June 15, 2019
-
I was doing some homework on my new ASUS touch screen laptop, and the computer automatically froze and shut down for whatever reason. It was fully charged, I never pressed anything, so therefore I was a little confused: I restarted it and the screen was blank and black. Nothing. First, I contacted the store where I bought it (1 Month ago) and because I was one day over the 30 day return policy, they would not help me. I have attempted to contact ASUS, however, they have not been helpful, so I took it upon myself to do some research.

I was told I could access Windows Repair by holding down F9 upon start-up. As soon as I did this it was attempting "AUTOMATIC REPAIR" However, it failed. These are my other options and possibilities I have explored but to no avail:

1. Remove battery an press on holding power button for 1 minute then connect adapter to it followed by pressing power button. Now make a shutdown ,connect battery and adapter. (WELL THE BATTERY IS BUILT IN, THEREFORE THIS IS NOT AN OPTION FOR ME)

2. Windows provided a Refresh Your PC and Reset your PC option, but those have failed.

3. System restore failed.

4. System image recovery failed.

5. I reset UEFI firmware settings, and start up settings to default, well that did not work either.

6. The last option it gives is the command prompt, however, I do not know how to do this.

I am assuming, (with absolutely no expertise) that there is something wrong with the HD.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1 reply

Registration date
Wednesday October 8, 2008
Status
Contributor
Last seen
June 15, 2019
Well it looks like you will need to return the laptop to ASUS for replacement or repair. I agree it appears you have a hardware problem probably in the hard drive.

Did you ask to talk to the store manager? He/she has the ability to modify the standard return policy. Just be calm and don't yell at him. You want him on your side.

Good Luck