ASUS s500CA does not start up.

Closed
philipafoes Posts 1 Registration date Sunday February 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 23, 2014 - Feb 23, 2014 at 07:24 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Feb 23, 2014 at 07:53 PM
I was doing some homework on my new ASUS touch screen laptop, and the computer automatically froze and shut down for whatever reason. It was fully charged, I never pressed anything, so therefore I was a little confused: I restarted it and the screen was blank and black. Nothing. First, I contacted the store where I bought it (1 Month ago) and because I was one day over the 30 day return policy, they would not help me. I have attempted to contact ASUS, however, they have not been helpful, so I took it upon myself to do some research.

I was told I could access Windows Repair by holding down F9 upon start-up. As soon as I did this it was attempting "AUTOMATIC REPAIR" However, it failed. These are my other options and possibilities I have explored but to no avail:

1. Remove battery an press on holding power button for 1 minute then connect adapter to it followed by pressing power button. Now make a shutdown ,connect battery and adapter. (WELL THE BATTERY IS BUILT IN, THEREFORE THIS IS NOT AN OPTION FOR ME)

2. Windows provided a Refresh Your PC and Reset your PC option, but those have failed.

3. System restore failed.

4. System image recovery failed.

5. I reset UEFI firmware settings, and start up settings to default, well that did not work either.

6. The last option it gives is the command prompt, however, I do not know how to do this.

I am assuming, (with absolutely no expertise) that there is something wrong with the HD.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 23, 2014 at 07:53 PM
Well it looks like you will need to return the laptop to ASUS for replacement or repair. I agree it appears you have a hardware problem probably in the hard drive.

Did you ask to talk to the store manager? He/she has the ability to modify the standard return policy. Just be calm and don't yell at him. You want him on your side.

Good Luck