Display Problems

Closed
Grimmeh Posts 1 Registration date Sunday March 9, 2014 Status Member Last seen March 9, 2014 - Mar 9, 2014 at 05:10 PM
carminabigue Posts 620 Registration date Tuesday March 19, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 10, 2015 - Mar 13, 2014 at 09:42 AM
Hello
I have a GTX 660 MSI OC and I would always install to my motherboard and the GPU would not give my monitor signal. I would turn on my PC everything is working like fans and etc. But the GPU would not display, drivers for the GPU are not installed yet. My motherboard is an AAHD2-HY(Holly2). I do not know why my GTX 660 would not give my monitor signal, the monitor would just remain in sleep mode. Yes the power supply is connected to the GPU.
What could it be?
Is it an issue that it would not display?
What could it be?

Note: My computer is an APU and its graphics would disable automatically.

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Mar 12, 2014 at 07:29 PM
Can you test the video card on another computer?
I assume you get video from the motherboard without the GTX installed.
Can you measure the voltage on the plug your using for the GTX.

You may find that your video card just will not work with your MB/power supply and you will need to buy a different card.

Why? Sometimes "plug and play" is plug and pray.

Good Luck
carminabigue Posts 620 Registration date Tuesday March 19, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 10, 2015 125
Mar 13, 2014 at 09:42 AM
I know you said that your computer is APU and it's graphics would automatically disable if it detects an external one but still you have the option to try it. I had the same problem before with a plenty of computers and the only solution I can find is, if the VC is supported by the power supply and it is working on other computers, I disable the internal video memory in BIOS and used PCIe where the VC is connected.