Date counting with user inputs

Solved/Closed
Plastic_Cup_of_Stars Posts 6 Registration date Saturday 29 March 2014 Status Member Last seen 12 July 2014 - 14 May 2014 à 23:40
Plastic_Cup_of_Stars Posts 6 Registration date Saturday 29 March 2014 Status Member Last seen 12 July 2014 - 15 May 2014 à 12:32
Hello,

I'm looking for a date counting formula between two dates, where the user defines the total number of days, and Excel will tell them which end date they need.

Example:

A1 = 11/05/13 (user will enter the start DATE of their choice)

B1 = 181 (user enters a random number of days forward from the date in A1)

C1 = Excel shows the calendar DATE that will be A1 (date) + B1 (181 days).


Thank you, in advance, for all of your help. :-)



Related:

3 responses

TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday 12 September 2010 Status Contributor Last seen 27 December 2022 555
15 May 2014 à 11:11
Hi Plastic_Cup_of_Stars,

Not sure what your question is?

If C1 is not giving you the desired answer then make sure the cell is formatted properly.

Best regards,
Trowa

Yes, not sure where the problem lies since you already have given the formula.
In C1, its simply =A1+B1

Of course as TrowaD points out the format of C1 should be set to display dates as should A1. B1 should be number (with zero decimals places) or just General.
Plastic_Cup_of_Stars Posts 6 Registration date Saturday 29 March 2014 Status Member Last seen 12 July 2014
15 May 2014 à 12:32
I feel really silly, you guys. I didn't even think about making this a simple addition equation, and formatting the answer cell to a date. In my mind, it needed to be a much more complicated formula--I don't know what I was thinking. Thank you for your help. Your suggestions worked great.