Pc Audio Jacks are not working

Closed
I3enjy Posts 8 Registration date Monday June 2, 2014 Status Member Last seen June 2, 2014 - Jun 2, 2014 at 05:52 AM
 Blocked Profile - Jun 2, 2014 at 04:05 PM
Hello,
Recently I had a complete computer falure and replaced most of the parts in my computer. I've managed to get it working in most regards but cannot for the life of me get my headphones to workr. Audio works fine with the HDMI cable to my monitor, but when I plug in headphones it neither plays sound through them or even acknowledges that they are plugged in. Its not the headphones that are faulty as I have checked them in other devices and they have worked fine.

I have already downloaded the newest 'RealTek HD Audio Drivers' but that hasn't seemed to work for me, I'm at a complete loss as to what to do and I need your guys' help.
Thank you for your time,
- Ben
Related:

4 responses

Blocked Profile
Jun 2, 2014 at 11:48 AM
That is a physical connection. Make certain you have extended that port with the porper cable to the card.
I3enjy Posts 8 Registration date Monday June 2, 2014 Status Member Last seen June 2, 2014
Jun 2, 2014 at 11:52 AM
The headphones are plugged directly into the motherboard ports at the back, and the connectors are inside a metal box on the motherboard. Any other ideas you might have?
Blocked Profile
Jun 2, 2014 at 11:53 AM
What is the MB make and model? What O/S are you running on it?
I3enjy Posts 8 Registration date Monday June 2, 2014 Status Member Last seen June 2, 2014
Jun 2, 2014 at 11:57 AM
It is a Gigabyte GA-Z87X-SLI Motherboard, running Windows 7 Home Premium
Blocked Profile
Jun 2, 2014 at 12:25 PM
What version of audio driver did you load in:

Are you using the line out jack? There seems to be a SURROUND setup on the MB, are you using these ports?

Have you gone to the sound settings in your control panel and enabled those ports?
Jun 2, 2014 at 12:35 PM
I most ceratanly havn't enabled the prts, i didnt even know you had to, so hoow would i enable the ports, i cant seem to find anything about enabling in control panel
Jun 2, 2014 at 12:46 PM
oh and i have the most recent realtek audio drivers but havnt fiddled with the settings
Blocked Profile
Jun 2, 2014 at 12:46 PM
OK, in the control panel, device manager, click on audio devices and make certain they are all enabled.

Jun 2, 2014 at 12:53 PM
It only gives me the option to disable them so im assuming that means they are enabled?
Blocked Profile
Jun 2, 2014 at 12:53 PM
Ok, have you uploaded the App center onto the MB? There are a couple of GUI tweakers they recommend for configuring the services of the MB. Have you uploaded all the software that came with the MB?
Blocked Profile
Jun 2, 2014 at 12:56 PM
Also, you might want to make certain the audio contorller you are using is utlizing the non-surround output, unless you have already configured the Surround portion. I found this in the FAQ, which may be part of your problem, no surround decorder:

Q-How to adjust volume control with SPDIF out?
A-Since the data requires decoding, volume control can only be adjusted through decoding unit or amplifier rather than the sending device (motherboard).

The above doesn't really partain to you, as long as you have a surround controller.

Let us know!

"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!" - Oliver Sykes; Bring Me The Horizon
Jun 2, 2014 at 01:24 PM
OK, I've just downloaded the Gigabyte app and it giving me a whole bunch of driver updates, so ill get back to you after they've installed, shouldnt be too long. Thank you for sticking around to help
Jun 2, 2014 at 01:54 PM
could you put the FAQ in layman's terms, it doesnt quite make sense to me.
Blocked Profile
Jun 2, 2014 at 04:05 PM
it really only says, that SPDIF is a data format, and not is not controlled by a voltage. So in other words, the SPDIF is a digital sound format, and it really just represents a data stream of what is playing, and has not any controlling values, like volume. Volume is an analog attribute, controlled by the amplifier converting the data stream into sound!