My toshiba laptops screen won't turn on.

Closed
lobster92 Posts 1 Registration date Monday June 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen June 23, 2014 - Jun 23, 2014 at 01:53 PM
 cherryade - Jun 29, 2014 at 06:22 AM
My toshiba laptop screen will not go on. When I try to turn the laptop on, it will just stay black. I know that the laptop is on though because I can see the lights at the bottom left hand side of the laptop are on and the fan is running. The screen will NOT turn on though. I tried some of the other suggestions and none of then worked so please help me.

4 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Jun 23, 2014 at 04:26 PM
Have you tried to plug to external monitor to see if it works?
Osiris52 Posts 4 Registration date Monday June 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen June 24, 2014
Jun 24, 2014 at 01:01 PM
Yes. I do have an external monitor and I did try that option. Last night I did a system restore and I went back to two weeks. The laptop perform better , meaning, I noticed that the laptop stated on for a longer period of time than before. For a minute I though it was fixed. But no, today, I fired up my laptop again, a 19067 applying operation message came up, and when it finish, I went online. The laptop was fine until all of the sudden it did it all over again. Screen back to black again. By the way, on the restore, I noticed that Malwarebytes was gone. Just wondering what the hell is going on. Thanks...
Osiris52 Posts 4 Registration date Monday June 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen June 24, 2014
Jun 23, 2014 at 10:24 PM
Do you know for a fact that the screen is dead? Or it is just that you dont see any graphics? For instance, my issue with my laptop is that after rebooting normally or even in safe-mode the screen would turn black or blank. Are you able to logging normally or in safe-mode? If you do, please check in your Device Manager that all drivers are up to date. 1. Click the windows logo (left hand side bottom corner) 2. Right click COMPUTER, then MANAGE, DEVICE MANAGER (left hand side) then (to the right) DISPLAY ADAPTERS. Click on the little plus sign and there you'll find your display adapter of your laptop. Right click on and update the driver. Keep us posted of the results.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Jun 24, 2014 at 05:37 PM
@Osiris52

You are mixing things up here.

The original question was posted by lobster92 and your issue seems totally different. I'm afraid that we are going to get a short circuit here dealing with different matters.

Could you start a new thread, you would then get a better a chance to obtain a solution.

Thanks
Hi, I had the same problem yesterday and nothing I found online seemed to be working. For anyone who has tried everything with no avail, I took out the battery overnight (about 10 hours) then put it back in this morning and it worked! Worth a try :)