- My WD Passport is not detected.
- Wd passport not detected ✓ - Forum - Hard Drive/SSD
- Wd passport not detecting ✓ - Forum - Hard Drive/SSD
- Wd passport 500gb not recognized any more ✓ - Forum - Windows
- WD Passport not detecting / Recognised - Forum - Windows
- Wd passport 1tb not detected - Forum - Hard Drive/SSD
No easy way. External drives are very fragile and often fail. there are two ways the drive can fail. The first is a physical drive failure. I have replaced a few drives by prying open the case and replacing the drive with a standard laptop or desktop drive. The second is an interface failure that leaves drive and data intact. The data can be salvaged using either a new USB interface or mounting the drive in a desktop computer.