Hard drive not detected

Closed
shobhitvrm Posts 1 Registration date Sunday September 7, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 7, 2014 - Sep 7, 2014 at 02:41 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Sep 8, 2014 at 09:53 AM
hello sir

i have a pc having intel pentium dual core cpu, symmtronics motherboard, 500 Gb western digital hard disk, and 2 Gb ram. From a few hours my system is showing a messege primary slave not detected so it is not detecting the hard disk. I tried every solution as said by you to a same client but it is still unsolved so plz give a proper sol for that.

thanx

shobhit
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Sep 8, 2014 at 09:53 AM
Hi there,

If you provide me with the model number of your HDD, I can be more specific, but in general I advise you to try some basic troubleshooting steps.
First of all, check if you see your drive in BIOS, Device Manager (look for a warning sign next to the device icon) and Disk Management. Since you see message, concerning master/slave drives, try switching SATA ports. You can try with different cable too. Can you confirm that your drive is spinning and there are no strange noise coming from it?
Some users report that entering OS in Safe Mode and restoring system to earlier date may fix the issue.

https://support-en.wd.com/ - Check this article if the drive is detected in BIOS but not in Windows

Hope this helps