Windows vista duplicating files

Closed
ziggy7 Posts 117 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 7, 2009 - Feb 27, 2008 at 01:43 PM
 kellygas - Mar 13, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Hello,
I have a question to anyone who can help me. I was wondering what the numbers mean in ( ) next to a file. I have muliple ones in my program file folder. Is this all the duplicate files and can they be deleted or removed safely without any problems to my computer?
Related:

2 responses

crazy_phoebe Posts 98 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 6, 2009 2
Feb 27, 2008 at 01:45 PM
Yes, most of them can. The best thing to do is to change the file name and then reboot and try to run several of your programs. If you have any problems then change the filenames back. If you have no problems then you can delete them. If you have any critical problems, boot to safe mode to change the file names back.

But even more important, where are these files coming from. You might want to look into that.
yes some of them are duplicates but just make sure to check the files inside the folder to confirm that they are duplicates indeed..

in addtion i can recommend "Duplicate Files Deleter" to find and resolve your duplicate issue.. it uses md5 on searching the duplicates which is quite effective, I've been using it for awhile. hope it helps.