- Toshiba laptop does not recognize login and powers down
- Toshiba laptop won't turn on but power light is on ✓ - Forum - Laptop
- Toshiba laptop totally dead and won't turn back on... - Forum - Hardware
- Toshiba laptop not turning on, solid white light - Forum - Laptop
- Toshiba Satellite Laptop Won't Start/ Won't Charge or Light up - Forum - Laptop
- Toshiba laptop won't turn on ✓ - Forum - Laptop
Perhaps your hard disk is failing and has dropped a sector to two. I suggest you take it to a local repair shop for diagnosis.
Thank you. I tried to follow several suggestions from the forum yesterday but none of them worked. I still kept getting the message that it didn't recognize my log in. What it did allow me to do was get back to the boot up screen and open in safe mode. When I did that, I did a system restore to an earlier date and that seemed to do the trick for now. I'm going to make sure I copy everything on my hard drive today and start looking for another computer. Evidently the hard drive on this one is beginning to fail.