My pc got a virus

Closed
lushestgranny Posts 3 Registration date Thursday September 18, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 25, 2014 - Sep 21, 2014 at 08:12 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Sep 25, 2014 at 04:39 PM
can anyone help me I have a windows xp desk top and I think I have a virus in it.its like all of a sudden these 2 unknown apps showed up on my screen and now I cant do a thing with the computer.i put it on safe mode to do system restore,but the system restore page only comes up blank and none of the programs will come up and my internet explorer disappeared.does anybady have advice I might use or am I going to have to get a different pc?moneys tight and im screwed if I cant fix it.im new at computers.i don't know that much so if theres advice please explain it real easy for me . thank you lushestgranny
Related:

4 responses

jambora Posts 4 Registration date Sunday September 21, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 23, 2014
Sep 21, 2014 at 08:51 PM
Get an anti-virus programme. Install and scan for viruses. If you have one already, start up in safe mode and run it.
If you still have problems, and because you are new at computers, the easiest way to solve this problem is to take your PC to a computer shop and let them fix it for you. Get an idea of the cost by phoning them first, calling 2 or 3 places. It's cheaper than buying a new one! Or maybe contact the local High School, or T.A.F.E., ask to speak to one of their computer staff. You may have friends who use a PC at work, perhaps they could help. You will save yourself heaps of stress doing it this way, because from what you say,I doubt very much that you need a new PC!
One thing,though - make sure they tell you 3 things.
1. what went wrong.
2. how they fixed it (if they did).
3. how to avoid or prevent it in future.
Hope this helps.
lushestgranny Posts 3 Registration date Thursday September 18, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 25, 2014
Sep 21, 2014 at 09:48 PM
thank for the advice jambora
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Sep 22, 2014 at 05:36 AM
Hi Granny

Did you get it fixed?
lushestgranny
Sep 25, 2014 at 01:46 PM
no I haven't been able to fix it .system restore came up once and I tried to use it and it disappeared,and I cant get it back.thanks for asking
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Sep 25, 2014 at 04:39 PM
To help you and prescribe the remedy, I must make a diagnostic and to do so, I require a report.

1. Open this link and download ZHPDiag2 :

https://www.zebulon.fr/telechargements/securite/systeme/zhpdiag.html

(Don't be alarmed is the site is in French, it sometimes happens, the tool will take your system language and allow the download if you get a warning message.)

2. Save the file on your Desktop.

3. Double click on ZHPDiag.exe and follow the installation instructions.

(For Vista and Win 7 users, click right to ensure you execute with admin right)

The tool creates three icons ZHPDiag, MRB, and ZHPFix (If necessary,we will use ZHPFix after log analysis).

4. Double click on the short cut ZHPDiag on your Destktop.

5. If you need to change the language, click on the little house, (bottom right) and change to English

6. Click on Full.

Wait for the tool to finished (maybe a long time)

7. Close ZHPDiag.

8. To transmit the report, click on this link :

https://authentification.site

9. Search the directory where you installed ZHPDiag (usually C:\desktop\zhpdiag.txt).