Two keys not working on keyboard. (Toshiba Satellite)

Closed
LittlePotent Posts 4 Registration date Friday October 31, 2014 Status Member Last seen November 3, 2014 - Oct 31, 2014 at 03:26 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Oct 31, 2014 at 04:25 PM
Hello,

A friend of mine has been having a lot of issues recently with their keyboard. They're using a Toshiba Satellite, and the "R" and "F" keys have not been working for a while now.

We've tried cleaning the keyboard (very thoroughly), restarting the laptop itself, reinstalling the drivers, and have even completely replaced the keyboard, but even when the new keyboard was put in, the same two key continued to not work.

The "R" and "F" keys DO work with the On-Screen keyboard. However, even with a new keyboard put in, the two keys don't seem to work for them. We've been dealing with this for over a week now, and we just can't figure out how to fix it. We've searched all over for solutions, but none of them are working. Any help is majorly appreciated.
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Oct 31, 2014 at 04:25 PM
It is a good idea to remove and clean the keys. Unfortunately, you are experiencing a common problem with Toshiba laptops which no manipulation of internal software can resolve. Only a in the flesh technician can repair your keyboard.

Terribly sorry about that, I wish I could help you further.