Lost os disk for dell 4600

Closed
kaykay - Mar 15, 2009 at 08:27 PM
diorman Posts 3 Registration date Sunday November 2, 2008 Status Member Last seen March 17, 2009 - Mar 17, 2009 at 01:43 AM
Hello, I need help...I was installing internet security on my dell 4600 desktop and it asked me to remove 2 items before it could be installed. I proceeded to do this along with removing other things i thought weren't important. Something happend my computer rebooted itself and came back syaing "diskette drive 0 seek failure and than when i hit any key it goes to the screenh saying \windows\system32\config\system
You can attempt to repair this file by starting windows setup using the original setup cd-rom.
select 'r' at the first screen to start repair. I don't have my os disk. I believe it came with a pack of 5 nor do I have my windows xp home edition disk. If I need all of these to repair my computer, how do find them?
Related:

1 response

diorman Posts 3 Registration date Sunday November 2, 2008 Status Member Last seen March 17, 2009
Mar 17, 2009 at 01:43 AM
hi,
either you search well at your place to find the CD.
or you can buy the CD at an authorised Dell reseller (where you bought your computer).
or you may buy the original Windows CD at any authorised dealer.