Dell Inspiron 1525 Windows Recovery screen

Closed
mciliano - Mar 15, 2009 at 07:45 PM
 Bakersfield Dell - Apr 6, 2011 at 11:43 PM
Hello,
I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 Core 2 Dou Processor with an intergrated webcam. Yesterday it randomly froze so I shut it down and now it will only go to the windows recovery screen. I have pressed f8 while starting up and I have tried EVERY option in there... NOTHING is working!!! It all brings me back to the same screen. I called Dell and they said I could buy the disk for it which will cost about $250 OR conviently enough I can buy their protection plan for like $230 and the disk for $10. Does ANYONE know if there is ANY OTHER way this can be fixed?!?!?! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE YOUR HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know I can reboot my system but I really dont want to loose all of my information though. Thanks again!
Related:

4 responses

ctrl+F11

there will be no idication of recover on screen. insted it looks like windows is startin to startup recovery.
in the window you see below the active startup recorey there is, in blue, something like advance recory or something like that.

when you press it you will see dell factory recovery.
Bakersfield Dell
Apr 6, 2011 at 11:43 PM
Inspiron 1525 Black Screen Fix....

1. Turn on your computer, during boot up press and hold Ctrl &F12

2. You will see a Pre-boot system Assessment Build 4107 (Blue Screen)

3. Press Y and keep pressing Y, let the Memory Test Activity Run, you should see a box pop out with CPU 0 and CPU 1 with memory test activity on the top.

4. Let it run through the Memory Test

5. Once you get to a Gray Box asking you "Do you want to run the remaining memory test? This will take about 30 Minutes or more. Just Press Y

6. Then Memory Test Activity will run again
no instructions came with recovery disc for the above,i have tried f8 but to no avail,with tosheba it is hold ctrl key down then tap on f12, can you help with dell?