My laptop will not power on after applying fresh thermal paste.

Closed
payntrain Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday December 17, 2014 Status Member Last seen December 18, 2014 - Dec 17, 2014 at 05:09 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Dec 18, 2014 at 01:23 PM
I hate to post links to other site but i have everything about the problem on deleted. Deleted by moderator I am not getting enough responses or the help i need. Please help me figure out the problem so i can save myself some money. Thanks to ambucias the moderator for deleting my link. Now i have to type everything out. bs. anyways
There is not a problem with the adapter it is running at recommended voltage. I put just the motherboard a stick of ram and the power connector that plugs into the ac adapter. and tried to turn it on and still wouldnt. It powered on at one point for a couple minutes and shut down. The power button blinked orange. Now it wont blink at all. The ac adapter light and battery are charged and working according to the led light.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Dec 18, 2014 at 01:23 PM
If it's too much trouble for you to comply with the rules of this forum then it's too much trouble for anyone to reply.

You took a gamble when you opened the laptop case and started to fool with it. Unfortunately you lost that gamble and you have a dead computer. It needs "hands on" access by a computer professional to diagnose and fix. It's probably cheaper to buy a new computer.

Good Luck