Computer Boots but no display

Closed
Anonymous User - Mar 16, 2009 at 05:08 PM
 Nextrick - Sep 30, 2009 at 11:37 PM
Hello, im really hoping somebody can help me with this..

My PC powers up but I get no display. Ive tried resetting the bios using the jumpers but to no avail.
The fans work and the HDD's work but no power to my dvd rom? and no lights to the front of the machine.

I was working on it one day and the restarted the machine and it started to ask me for all the basic drivers again e.g HD Compliant mouse, keyboard.....
I did this and it worked ok restarted again and had 'Checksum error - defaults loaded' . I thought this was a dying battery so i changed it and nothing. I even bought a new bios chip but nothing.

Ive tried the video card in another machine and it works fine, ive used other monitors and nothing.

Some people have said it may be a PSU problem, could this be the case??

Any help would be much appreciated. Many Thanks in advance.

3 responses

Anonymous User
Mar 16, 2009 at 06:14 PM
Also forgot to say ive tried a working PSU in my machine and still no display, tested my ram in another machine and its all good
Anonymous User
Mar 20, 2009 at 06:02 PM
well I must say thanks for all your non existent help lol
Sounds like your motherboard is dead.I've been there before.Your best bet is if your motherboard is under warranty is to have it replaced.These companies make big money off customers like your self and I.Like I was saying your best bet is to replace your mobo.If all else fails then I guess your out of luck.I beleive it will work trust me.