Creating a task reminder for all tasks for that day

Closed
mhurd - Feb 5, 2015 at 11:44 AM
 mhurd - Feb 5, 2015 at 04:35 PM
I'm hoping someone will be able to help me. I need to attempt to create a task reminder pop up that will list all tasks that need to be done today. An example of our worksheet is:
A B C D E
Name Date sent Due Date Due Date Due Date

There are multiple worksheets per workbook and each worksheet has due dates but in separate cell ranges. If anyone knows the VBA code I would need to create this it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Related:

4 responses

Blocked Profile
Feb 5, 2015 at 02:52 PM
OK, so where are you stuck? We cannot provide you with a turn key solution, we can help with your troubles if you are stuck.

Here are just a few of the issues with providing you with code without seeing where you first:

1. Duplicate code, or not understanding what variables to change to make it work in your environment.
2. There is always a posting back saying that you forgot to mention something, and the code we posted doesn't include the piece that you omitted, therefore WASTING the time of the person who supplied you the code.
3. The deployment of the code is not known by the person who is asking, and therefore cannot even open up the VBA editor.

Do you at least have a wireframe of how you wish for it all to come together? Something like, building the solution from compartments, as opposed to building in one function.

Post back with where you are stuck, so that we do not duplicate YOUR efforts.

Have fun!

I would love to say I had it almost figured out but that just isn't the case. Unfortunately, I tried to change the code of something similar to fit my needs but I don't understand nearly enough about code writing to do that. I have nothing at this point other than the idea of what I would like to create. I would like to be able to pull the information from column A that corresponds to any row that has today's date in any one of the due date columns and have it report as a task for today. I understand if I don't know enough to get help with this, I know it's something I should be able to figure out but it is over my head. Thanks for your time regardless:)
Blocked Profile
Feb 5, 2015 at 04:09 PM
We will help. You may have to take our examples and reverse them in order to make them fit into your needs. Hang in there. Give us some time.
I greatly appreciate the time you are willing to donate to help me. Thank you!