Gateway factory restore

Closed
Timone - Feb 5, 2015 at 05:08 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Feb 5, 2015 at 06:28 PM
Hello,

Hello, I have a gateway pew91 or the nv55c like it says there. It's not in warranty so don't ask. I need help setting back to factory settings. I don't have anything saved so no i dont care that it will erase everything. I'm highly capable of knowing what It means. But my computer won't let me. I've looked online and I've tried the alt F8 and F11 ans F11 thing but only F11 worked. And when it did get me to the Gateway recovery menu, the page just has the blue circle the cursor does when it's loading. It's loaded for like an hour; then I turned it off and tried again. I've even tried to take out the battery, give it second and try to go to it again. As well as leaving it and letting it load like it was going to go to sign in, but it won't get past that screen where it says "starting up" and it has the windows sign. I've even seen it restart by itself after being on the screen for so long. Now I never got a recovery disk with my computer so I would buy another but if I can try other things, please help me out? I would really appreciate that.

Thank you for your time.

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 5, 2015 at 06:28 PM
When your computer is new you are supposed to create the recovery disks yourself. But, few of ever do that.