External hard drive issues!

Closed
DarkoDom Posts 1 Registration date Monday February 23, 2015 Status Member Last seen February 23, 2015 - Feb 23, 2015 at 08:38 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Feb 24, 2015 at 02:19 AM
Ok sooooo. I'm stupid. Why I'm saying that is one, I knoe or at least thing I know how this all started. I plugged my hard drive (had everything major in it like EVERYTHING) into my Xbox 360, went to add it to a memory unit and clicked yes by accident after reading it would format my drive... Yea I'm smart... Than being a total idot I pulled it out.. ._. Yea laugh all you want... And than went to my PC (Windows 7) and it said it was a un readable expansion drive. I than later went back to my Xbox to find ish formating it (._.) And went back to my computer with little hope and already the knowledge that it would have a -9999999999999999999999% chance of showing my files.... And I was right... This is probably a no but could I restore my files any way? Like a recovery wizard or something idk I told you I'm an idiot. I had backups of computers on there. RPG maker, game times, run time packs, games, steam files, important docs, like my life was just formated here.... I need some help T_T
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Feb 24, 2015 at 02:19 AM
Hi there,

Even though the formatting was completed, the files may not be completely erased. What do you see when you enter the drive? You need to search for some recovery tool that could be useful. That sudden remove of the drive while formatting may have caused some issues, so in addition I would advise you to check it for errors, using some utility from the drive manufacturer's web page. I hope you will get you data back. In future, keep at least two copies of you most important data.

Hope this helps