Satellite R945 not working

Closed
ri - Mar 26, 2015 at 05:01 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - May 20, 2015 at 04:29 AM
Hello,
My Toshiba Satellite R945 with Windows 7 32 bit has stopped working. I try to start it up, but all it gives me is the beginning TOSHIBA/Phoenix logo loading screen and for the windows loading screen it only gives me the little loading bar at the bottom. The windows logo does not show at all. After those two load up, it goes to a black screen and just completely stops loading. the keyboard even stop working it beeps when its pressed.

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Mar 26, 2015 at 11:42 AM
Hello ri,

Can you, please try these steps:
1. If you are able, try to remove your RAM stick and put it back after waiting some time
2. Try removing your cable of the DVD drive from the mother board
3. Also, check that the fan and the hard drive are working properly.
4. You can try unplugging the power cable, take out the battery, and hold down the power button for about 20 secs to discharge built up static.

Hope this helps,

KY_WD
thank you but i try it still dont work. but new thing i try to connect exteran keyboard and it login but when i try to boot by pressing f12/f8 it doest boot it simply goes to the login scrren. i try to formate it and install new os but it wont boot from cd at all
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122 > ri
Apr 9, 2015 at 05:12 AM
Hi again,

Have you tried with USB bootable? Probably your BIOS settings won't permit you to boot from CD. Can you tell me, please what type of error does it show on the screen? Has it got any code this loading bar on the bottom of the screen?

Good luck!

KY_WD
hey thank you for ur support. i took it to a technician and the keyboard was replaced and now it is working
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122 > ri
May 20, 2015 at 04:29 AM
Hi, I'm glad that the problem is solved.
KY_WD
for those who face this kind of problem dont waste your time ur laptop is showing u a black screen with a white cursor because the laptop is having a hard time booting which could be a hardware failure like mine which was the keyboard so try to find whats going on if you cant identify it immediately take it to technician