My transcend stopped working

Closed
hammed - Mar 30, 2015 at 09:39 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Mar 31, 2015 at 08:48 AM
Hello,

Good day. I have a transcend external hard drive of 500gb. I was robbed by armed robbers, they initially took it but when they don't know what it is, they just throw it on ground. Since then it has stopped working, anytime I tried to connect it to my PC, it will just be beeping but will not show. Pls hw can I retrieve the stored data and my softwares.

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Mar 31, 2015 at 08:48 AM
Hello hammed,

I'm afraid, the possibility fo the external drive to be broken is too big. Was the disk working while grabbed and thrown on the floor?
You can go to Disk management and see if there's a letter assigned to that Transcend drive. If there's need, you have to change the path/file without formatting it.
You could also try with data recovery software which can be found on the web. If you enter in the BIOS while starting PC, can you see it? If you have a Linux Live CD, you might want to try extracting your data under the Linux.

Hope this helps.

KY_WD