Dell Inspiron 15 5000 no fan sounds, no lights anywhere

Closed
Leah - Apr 6, 2015 at 12:40 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Apr 9, 2015 at 08:25 AM
Hello,
My laptop has a fully charged battery and worked fine a couple of hours ok. I shut it down and went back to work on my computer. Now there is no fan sounds, no lights anywhere and when I go to plug in my charger, the blue light where the charger connects is no longer glowing. The charger is working though because the light in the middle is green indicating that it is plugged into a working outlet. Any suggestions?

Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Apr 9, 2015 at 08:25 AM
Hello Leah,

I would like to ask you how exactly did you switch off your laptop? I'm asking this because the reason that your laptop won't power up might be due to failure in the power supply system. My advice is to open the laptop, if it's out of warranty, and to revise if there's any component burnt out.
?ther thing is that your internal hard drive might be damaged so it has to be taken out of the laptop bay and to be connected as external on another PC to see if it works there. You can do that via ? SATA to USB cable /some people call it adaptor/. If your hard drive works there, then the problem is with the motherboard of your Dell.
If it's still under warranty, you could bring it to authorized service company to take a look at it.

Hope this helps,

KY_WD

Western Digital representative