Cursor Freezes

Closed
CK - Apr 11, 2015 at 05:43 PM
 CK - Apr 11, 2015 at 06:10 PM
Hi Guys,

Really need some help with this before I lose my mind and my laptop goes flying out the window. I have a Toshiba Satellite with windows 8 and my touch pad has became very temperamental. I can use it when I turn on and insert pin and even to click on Google but then cursor Freezes and no more mouse! I've read through all the threads and tried everything from pressing fn + f5 to ctrl + f5 to doing all the steps of taking out power cord and battery and rebooting and still one I get on to desktop or click on anything it freezes. I had external mouse which worked up until it broke yesterday and now it's not working either but I don't think it's laptop related think that's just faulty wire. I've spent last 2 days trying out the things I've read but still no joy. Laptop was only bought in Oct so not very old. I can't get into mouse settings or control panel with just buttons and arrows.
Please help and save my sanity. Any help would be appreciated

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Apr 11, 2015 at 05:54 PM
Hello

Jack4all resolved this issue in this thread:

https://ccm.net/forum/affich-507154-frozen-cursor-on-toshiba-sattelite-laptop

It may help you.

Good luck
Sadly I've already tried that :-( and it didn't work but thanks a mil for taking the time to reply :-)
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Apr 11, 2015 at 06:05 PM
Well, I have comforting news for you. Your machine is still under warranty. You might have purchases a lemon. Go for a replacement rather than trying to repair.

Good luck
Well at least that. Your probably right easier to replace it. Thanks a mil ?